Catering Sales Manager526 Pine St., Glenwood Springs, 81601 | 12/28/2018 | Ad id: 8-0000355833
JOB TITLE: Catering Sales Manager
EMPLOYER: Historic Hotel Colorado LLC
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales; General Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for effectively soliciting and detailing all wedding and social events. This person is also responsible for prospecting and closing accounts to positively impact hotel revenues. In addition, the person in this position is responsible for creating Banquet Event Orders and communicating with all departments about specific event needs related to that department’s staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
· Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
· Meet or exceed set goals.
· Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
· Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
· Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
· Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
· Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
· Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
· Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
· Meet and greet onsite contacts.
· Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
· Attend trade shows to promote the property and packages available.
· Ability to be available for work occasional nights, weekends and holidays.
· Position requires occasional out of town travel.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or some college or one to three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Computer skills required: Excel, PowerPoint, SalesPro or Delphi, Social Tables and Outlook. Opera PMS system experience preferred.
· Other skills required:
o Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
o Basic knowledge of Rooms Division Operations.
o Ability to multi-task, follow through and re--prioritize well to meet deadlines.
o Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with both internal and external guests.