Transporatation Security Officer (TSO) at Transportation Security Administration in ASPENAspen, 81601 | 05/28/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000691818-01
Aspen Pitkin County Sardy Field: Job Posting
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) Full- and part-time plus a $1,000* sign-on bonus.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is holding a Virtual Recruiting Event on June 8 at 12 p.m. For more information or to register, text "COL"to 95495. TSA is now hiring full- and part-time Transportation Security Officers at Aspen Pitkin County Sardy Field (ASE). Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no previous security experience is required. *some conditions apply.
- Pay rate starting at $22.28 per hour
Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
- Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
- Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
- Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Have either a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential.
- If none of the above, have at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening or as an X-ray technician.
- Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.
To learn more and to register: https://events.indeed.com/event/101592/