Help Desk Technician at Forward Tech Solutions in EAGLEVail Valley, 81631 | 06/10/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000695270-01
About Forward Tech Solutions
Forward Tech Solutions, LLC (FTS) is a full-service IT provider, reseller, and consultant in the Vail Valley that focuses on local small and medium sized businesses. Started in 2018, Forward Tech is growing fast and looking to establish itself as the go-to resource in the area for businesses to depend on for their IT needs. We focus on customer service and believe strongly in open and honest communications with our clients to ensure the best working relationship.
Help Desk Technician
FTS is looking for a full time Help Desk Technician that will be the first line of defense on all incoming support tickets and technology issues from our clients and the end users. This position will be critical to FTS’s success and providing a quality service product. The Help Desk Technician must have a wide-ranging technical skill set, with a focus on PC’s, Windows, Mac’s, and cloud services such as Office 365 and GSuite. Experience with switches, firewalls, wireless and overall networking is a plus. The person that fills this role must be task and detail oriented, while also being personable and able to effectively communicate with the client.
This position will report to the Lead Technician/Systems Administrator and have access to all other resources as required to get the job done. The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn all there is within the small business world of IT, and grow into a higher level, career position in the mountains with a balanced lifestyle.
Job Duties and Expectations
• Immediately work incoming tickets to the service board, escalating to other resources as needed
• Receive and respond to incoming tickets via email, phone, and text
• Maintain documentation for all clients and their networks using provided software and systems
• Provide remote and onsite support as required
• Build PC’s as directed by Lead Tech/Sys Admin
• Support and work with end users, primarily
• Training and continuous education of end users
• Project support and execution
• On-call (minimal) support after hours and on weekends
• Candidate must be willing to have a background check done and must pass according to FTS’s security standards
• Candidate must have reliable transportation and the ability to perform remote and onsite work
• Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and have basic skills to install electronic equipment as required
Skills and Work Ethic
• Knowledge and experience supporting typical business IT systems such as, but not limited to: PC’s, Mac’s, Windows, Server OS, Android, iOS, Email, O365, GSuite, Active Directory, Networking, Wireless, Azure, Backup and Disaster Recovery, VOIP, cell phones, etc.
• Professionalism in all areas, including work ethic and communication
• Do what you say you are going to do – Do not over promise
• Must be able to hold self-accountable and follow up to get job duties accomplished. We do not micro-manage.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting – find and resolve the root cause
• Documentation is critical
• Experience with ConnectWise Manage and Automate is a plus
• Certifications and/or formal school training is a plus
• Must have a passion for helping people solve their IT issues, seeing tickets through to resolution
Pay and Benefits
• $45,000.00 per year salary
• $300 monthly Health Insurance Stipend
• Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• Remote working, but must live in the Vail Valley area
• Employee discounts
• Tools required to do the job will be provided and owned by FTS
• Cell phone monthly stipend - $50 per month (hot spot required)
• Training and school reimbursement upon approval
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter expressing why you want this job and why you will be the best fit, along with your current resume tailored to this position.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.